- Simple solid colors are always best for portraits. Large bold patterns and bright colors detract from the subject's
- Long sleeves also accentuate the subject's face by drawing the eye away from bare skin on the arms.
your outfit from head to toe. Your photo shoot may well include full body shots.
- Darker clothing is always much more
slimming and flattering than lighter tones.
- Turtlenecks and other higher necked garments compliment longer necks
and slender faces while scoop or v-neck shirts and tops are more flattering to those with shorter necks and full faces.
sure everyone dresses in similar style and colors. Don't mix casual and formal styles or lots of different colors and
patterns. Make sure everyone is coordinated in style and color.
- Light colors on lighter backgrounds and dark colors
on darker backgrounds are the most attractive. Too much contrast between clothing and the background is harsh and unappealing.
For instance, black clothing against a black backdrop is very dramatic and highlights the face.
- Strong colors and
patterns do well only as accent items like ties and scarves.
- Use your own props but please consider your photographer's
opinion. A toy, stuffed animal, or other prop can add just the right personal touch to certain photographs.
- Make sure
your pets look their best too. Animals should be bathed and recently groomed with clean paws and clipped nails. We encourage
"dress up" for pets that are accustomed to it but please don't try to make an animal wear items if he is not
used to it or if it makes him fearful or uncomfortable. Your pet will look great naturally!
YOUR PHOTO SHOOT TODAY! WE ARE EXCITED TO SERVE YOU, YOUR FAMILY, AND YOUR PETS!